Información relacionada disponible en español
- Inspect any room where you will be staying for the presence of bed bugs. You generally can do this without any extra tools but a flashlight can be useful.
- Check the mattress and headboard before sleeping.
- Inspect luggage racks.
- In hotel rooms, use luggage racks to hold your luggage when packing or unpacking rather than setting your luggage on the bed or floor. Try to keep luggage away from bed.
- Upon returning home, unpack directly into a washing machine and inspect your luggage carefully. Remember that time in a dryer at high temperatures kills the bed bugs (just washing will generally not kill bed bugs).
- Store suitcases away from your bedroom, such as in the basement or garage. Never store suitcases under your bed.
- Print a card to carry with you when traveling.
- View videos and other information on preventing bed bugs while traveling.
- How to find bed bugs.